Get Involved, Join a Club!
- Anime - meets Thursdays after school in Art room to watch different anime movies and play anime games.
- DECA - a nationally recognized program that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. Students attend conferences and compete against other DECA chapters at regional, state and national competitions.
- Friends of Rachel - Big Lake's chapter of a national group founded after the tragic death of Rachel Scott, the first victim of the Columbine shooting. This group focuses on carrying out Rachel's mission of creating chain reactions of kindness. Meets during Hornet Hour.
- Green Team - interested in recycling? Join this club that focuses on collecting recyclable items and promoting contests and activities between different hornet hour groups.
- Hornet Broadcasting - get involved and learn about broadcasting by assisting with Live@the Hive, a daily news broadcast live; Webheads, a webcasting group that signs up to cover different events; or Video Bulletin Board, where you can update the school's television feed.
- HS Knowledge Bowl & MS Knowledge Bowl- an academic competition between schools that covers questions on geography, literature, math, science, current events, history and more! Activity fee required.
- National Honor Society - membership is made up of students with a GPA of 3.5 or greater after the first trimester of their sophomore year, and students who demonstrate qualities of character, leadership and service. Meets once per month during Hornet Hour.
- Student Council - members of this group act as a liaison between administration and the collective student body, and help to organize events such as homecoming and Snow Daze.
- Parkour Club - run, jump and climbing in this fast moving club! Practice your parkour skills together, learn new tricks and more.
For more information on any of these clubs, contact the Activities Director.