Community Education is exactly what its name implies - a way for community members, schools, local businesses and organizations to come together to be active partners in addressing community opportunities, needs, and/or concerns. In other words, Community Education departments provide educational resources that help raise the quality of life in their communities.
Programs & Services:
- Youth Classes - Enrichment, Recreation, Gymnastics and Aquatics
- Adult Classes - Enrichment, Fitness, Trips, Adult Basic Education, Adults with Disabilities
- Early Childhood Family Education Classes - Classes for families with children ages birth - before kindergarten entrance
- Early Childhood Screening - A quick and simple screening for 3+ year olds required by the State of Minnesota before school entrance
- Preschool (Little Learners) - A school readiness preschool program for children ages 3+ that are independent in the bathroom and not yet kindergarten eligible.
- Wrap-Around Childcare (Hive Time) - Before, after, and nonschool-day childcare for children in Big Lake's Preschool program (Little Learners)
- School-age Childcare (Kids Club) - Before, after and nonschool-day childcare for kindergartners through 6th grade