World's Best Workforce
In a strategic effort to create the world's best workforce, the State of Minnesota passed legislation in 2013 requiring school districts to create a long-term strategic plan that is based on five core concepts:
• Closing the achievement gap
• All students ready for kindergarten
• All students in third grade achieving grade level literacy
• All students attaining career and college readiness before graduating from high school
• All students graduating from high school
This plan is called the World's Best Workforce, and it serves as a comprehensive plan that shows how current district initiatives and plans work together toward a common goal: to create a workforce armed with skills necessary for survival in 21st century careers.
Along with a plan, legislation requires the district to publish an annual report documenting progress towards creating the world's best workforce. The most recent annual report is the 2018-2019 WBWF Annual Report.