The Big Lake school board passed a new strategic plan for the 2022-2027 school years in August 2023, after much discussion and community collaboration. This strategic plan serves as our roadmap to success, and outlines the district’s priorities for the years to come.
Our three focus areas are student support, staff support, and family & community engagement.
- High expectations inspire high achievement and lifelong learning.
- Learning occurs best in a safe, healthy, and positive environment.
- Excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts is important in creating well-rounded citizens.
- Preparing learners for the future is an innovative and evolving process.
- Collaboration with parents and families to promote success.
- In the five core values of the Hornet Way.
We will achieve the goals of the World’s Best Workforce [WBWF] for all students in the school district (Student Achievement).
We will provide equitable opportunities and positive learning environments that engage each learner in reaching their full potential.
We will ensure a safe, positive, and welcoming environment where students are respected and can thrive and contribute as global citizens.
We will recruit & retain a highly qualified workforce.
We will ensure all staff have access to high quality, real time professional development that supports their growth as an educator and impacts student success.
We will create a positive environment in which our staff culture is one where all staff feel universally supported.
We will grow and maintain two-way relationships with stakeholders to further community support and value in our district.
We will ensure that our communication and our thinking is strategic, methodical, and transparent in all we do.
We will support district programs and objectives through creative marketing techniques.
We will develop facilities and operations plans that support our district mission.