• Homeschooling may be an appropriate educational choice for some families. For specific questions or to view requirements, visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.  Click here for information on testing.

    If you have decided homeschooling is the best educational option for your child, you need to complete a Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction form, or an Unaccredited Nonpublic School Full Report form if this is your first time homeschooling. For first-time homeschooled students, an immunization record form is also required. If you would like to be reimbursed for eligible expenses, you will also need to fill out the Student Report for Aids to Nonpublic Students form.

    All forms need to be submitted to Big Lake Schools District Office by October 1 of each school year. Receipts for reimbursements must be dated July 1-June 30 of the current school year and need to be provided to the district no later than June 30 of each school year.

    You can submit paperwork by mailing it to: Big Lake Schools District Office 701 Minnesota Avenue Big Lake, MN 55309; by faxing it to 763-262-2539; or by emailing it to enrollments@biglakeschools.org.

    For questions regarding homeschooling, please contact the Minnesota Department of Education.

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.

Homeschool Forms