Contact Sue Schmidt at email@example.com or 763-262-5194
Thanks for your interest in being a substitute for Big Lake Schools! Currently, the State of Minnesota is experiencing a teacher shortage, which means substitutes are in high need as well! We invite you to apply to be added to our substitute pool.
All subs earn $175 per day.
Non-teaching substitutes are needed for paraeducators, office assistants, health assistants, program secretaries, playground monitors and lunchroom staff. Individuals can select which specific role they are interested in subbing for. A high school diploma is needed to be a non-teacher substitute, and you must pass a background check. Substitutes can earn between $13.11 and $16.00 per hour.
How Subbing Works
Big Lake Schools uses a system called Frontline Absence Management, which is an automated substitute placement and absence management system. Staff post days they will be absent on the system, and subs can view openings and ask to fill the opening. Depending on the qualifications assigned, Frontline may also contact subs with openings.
If you are interested in subbing for Big Lake Schools, please complete the following items:
- Apply for a short-call substitute teacher license from MDE (if wanting to be a teacher sub)
- Fill out an application on Frontline
- Fill out the 'documents for employment packet'
- Call Kathy Wells, HR Assistant, at 763.262.5147 to set up a time to drop off your employment documents
- Once you have met with Kathy you will receive login information for Frontline
- Register and create your profile on Frontline Absence Management
- Review the Substitute Teacher Handbook
- Get fingerprinted, then send complete licensure packet to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) (if applying to be a teacher sub)
We look forward to seeing you in our schools soon!
AppliTrack - apply for sub positions
SMARTeR - view W2s, payment stubs and more
Frontline (formerly AESOP) - substitute placement & absence management system
Frontline/AESOP Basic Training Video - learn how to login and accept an assignment
Frontline/AESOP Advanced Training Video - learn advanced features of AESOP