Contact Sue Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-262-5194
Thanks for your interest in being a substitute for Big Lake Schools! Currently, the State of Minnesota is experiencing a teacher shortage, which means substitutes are in high need as well! We invite you to apply to be added to our substitute pool.
All subs earn $180 per day.
Non-teaching substitutes are needed for paraeducators, office assistants, health assistants, program secretaries, playground monitors and lunchroom staff. Individuals can select which specific role they are interested in subbing for. A high school diploma is needed to be a non-teacher substitute, and you must pass a background check. Substitutes can earn between $13.50 and $16.00 per hour.
How Subbing Works
Big Lake Schools uses a system called Frontline Absence Management, which is an automated substitute placement and absence management system. Staff post days they will be absent on the system, and subs can view openings and ask to fill the opening. Depending on the qualifications assigned, Frontline may also contact subs with openings.
If you are interested in subbing for Big Lake Schools, please complete the following items:
- Apply for a short-call substitute teacher license from MDE (if wanting to be a teacher sub)
- Get fingerprinted, then send complete licensure packet and payment to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) (if applying to be a teacher sub)
- Fill out an application on Frontline
- Our staff will review your application and send you a link to complete a background check and new hire forms in Frontiline Central.
- Once you complete the information above, email Sophia Moy, HR Assistant, at email@example.com to set up a time to drop off your employment documents
- Once you have met with Sophia, you will receive login informtion for Frontline
- Register and create your profile on Frontline Absence Management
- Review the Substitute Teacher Handbook
We look forward to seeing you in our schools soon!
AppliTrack - apply for sub positions
SMARTeR - view W2s, payment stubs and more
Frontline (formerly AESOP) - substitute placement & absence management system
Frontline/AESOP Basic Training Video - learn how to login and accept an assignment
Frontline/AESOP Advanced Training Video - learn advanced features of AESOP