Yearbooks Capture Memories for LifeOrder your yearbook and purchase a baby/recognition ad by clicking here:
Senior Portrait Submissions:
Parents and students of the class of 2020:
As this school year kicks off we all are extremely busy and the yearbook staff is already making plans for the best book for your senior year. The following information regarding submission of senior portraits is very important, so please read it carefully! Photographs that do not meet yearbook specifications will not be published.
The deadline for submitting senior pictures is Monday October 28, 2019. Portraits received after this date may not be published in the yearbook. Photos are required to be uploaded to images.jostens.com (USER ID number is 413333673).
Plan ahead; pictures should be taken by mid September to give your photographer time to prepare your photo for the yearbook. Students may choose their own photographer to take their senior portrait for the yearbook. A simple head and shoulders shot is required (see example).
Please inform your photographer of the following criteria:
* Upload ONE digital photo. Full color, image preferred.
Photo quality needs to be 300 DPI or higher for jpeg of wallet size photo.
(Basically, a high-resolution image is needed for printing purposes)
Do NOT upload PNG or TIFF files. Very important – JPEG file only!
*Portraits should be vertical; we will NOT accept horizontal.
*Simple, neutral backgrounds look best in the yearbook.
*No props in photo are allowed! Examples include: no sports equipment, no animals, no cars, no weapons, no vehicles, etc. Very important!
Process for uploading senior photo:
- Go to the website images.jostens.com OR go to the “Senior Portrait link" on the school’s website.
- User ID: is 413333673
- Choose the photo to be uploaded. REMEMBER, each student may only submit ONE photo!
- Provide parent or photographer contact information. (Person uploading the photo should enter his/her information.)
- Provide IMAGE information.
*Type the student’s first and last name as you would like it to appear in the yearbook.
*It is extremely important to spell the student’s name correctly.
- Select grade 12 from the dropdown menu.
- In the description field, type Senior Portrait.
- Click the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on “upload chosen images” in blue box to complete the process.
- You will see a confirmation page and should receive a confirmation email shortly after your submission. NOTE: Photographers uploading their clients’ photos may upload more than one student’s photo at a time.
If you choose not to hire a photographer to take your senior portrait, but still want to appear in the yearbook, please have your photograph taken by Lifetouch during Big Lake High Schools' picture day. The yearbook staff will then get those pictures from Lifetouch to use in the book. If you choose to have Lifetouch take your senior photo, you will NOT need to upload a photo to the site.
Kiana Pierson, Yearbook Adviser (email@example.com)