Substitutes Needed!Thanks for your interest in being a substitute for Big Lake Schools! Currently, the State of Minnesota is experiencing a teacher shortage, which means substitutes are in high-need as well! We invite you to apply to be added to our substitute pool.
Teacher SubsBig Lake offers an incentivized tiered pay system for teacher subs. All subs start out at $110 per day. After subbing for 30 days, subs will receive a pay increase of $10 per day. After subbing for 60 days, subs will receive another pay increase of $10 per day. At the end of each year, the number of days someone has substitute taught is zeroed out.
Non-teacher SubsNon-teaching substitutes are needed for paraprofessionals, playground monitors and lunchroom staff. Individuals can select which specific role they are interested in subbing for. A high school diploma is needed to be a non-teacher substitute, and you must pass a background check. Substitutes for paraprofessionals earn $15 per hour, and other non-teaching substitutes earn $10 per hour.
How Subbing WorksBig Lake Schools uses a system called AESOP, which is an automated substitute placement and absence management system. Staff post days they will be absent on the system, and subs can view openings and ask to fill the opening. Depending on the qualifications assigned, AESOP may also contact subs with openings.If you are interested in subbing for Big Lake Schools, please complete the following items:
We look forward to seeing you in our schools soon!
- Apply for a short-call substitute teacher license from MDE (if wanting to be a teacher sub)
- Fill out an application on AppliTrack
- Fill out the 'documents for employment packet'
- Call Kathy Wells, HR Assistant, at 763.262.5147 to set up a time to drop off your employment documents (make sure to bring the District Verification Form that you should have printed at the end of your online licensure application process, if applying to be a teacher sub)
- Once you have met with Kathy you will receive login information for AESOP
- Register and create your profile on AESOP
- Review the Substitute Teacher Handbook
- Get fingerprinted, then send complete licensure packet to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) (if applying to be a teacher sub)